Made for a quick Valentine's Day dinner. Easy, delicious and "special" without a lot of "fuss". Made it with boneless strip steaks vs. tenderloin.
Steak and Scallops with Champagne-Butter Sauce
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Linda Hirst
Yield: Makes 2 servings
- 2 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 6 large sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed pink peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup Champagne or dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1. Sprinkle steaks on both sides with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Sprinkle scallops on both sides with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pink peppercorns.
- 2. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large cast iron or heavy-bottom nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks, and cook 3 minutes on each side (for medium-rare) or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a platter; cover and keep warm.
- 3. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to skillet; add scallops, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Transfer to platter; cover and keep warm.
- 4. Add Champagne, lemon juice, and shallots to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes or until reduced to 2 tablespoons. Remove from heat. Add butter, 1 piece at a time, whisking constantly until butter is thoroughly incorporated. Season sauce to taste with salt and black pepper. Top steak and scallops with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This