Very tasty sandwich spread -- would be great with any grilled beef/bread combo. We used sirloin & rye.
Steak Sandwiches with Worcestershire Mayonnaise
Mayonnaise, Worcestershire, and whole-grain mustard combine for a tangy, slightly smoky sandwich spread. Arugula is a peppery salad green. Substitute your favorite lettuce, if you like.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 383
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 16.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 28.1g
- Carbohydrate: 31.3g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 103mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 688mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 (8-ounce) boneless ribeye steaks, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 (1-ounce) slices crusty whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle both sides of steaks evenly with salt and pepper. Add steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let steaks stand 5 minutes. Cut steaks diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Combine mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire, and garlic in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on each of 4 slices of bread; divide steak evenly among bread slices. Top each serving with 1/4 cup arugula and 1 bread slice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches