This was such an easy meal to make. Publix carries a French baguette that works great for this since its wider than typical french bread. I picked the one with poppy seed and it was delish. Came together so fast! Served with salad and baked potato. It was a pretty big sandwich which is not the norm when it comes to "actual" portions. Will definitely make again.
Steak Sandwiches with Fresh Herb Topping
Photo: Nigel Cox; Styling: Sharon Ryan
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 407
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 30.5g
- Carbohydrate: 40.4g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 656mg
- Calcium: 63mg
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) French bread baguette
- 1 1/2 cups arugula, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Celery and Parsley Salad
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub steak evenly with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add steak to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak across grain into thin slices.
- 3. Cut bread in half lengthwise and crosswise. Hollow tops and bottoms of bread, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell. Place bread on a baking sheet, cut sides up. Broil 1 1/2 minutes or until toasted.
- 4. Place 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 cup arugula, parsley, and next 4 ingredients in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Spread parsley mixture evenly over cut sides of bread. Layer bottom halves of bread with remaining arugula, steak, and tomato; cover with top halves of bread. Cut sandwiches in half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches