- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) French bread baguette
- 1 1/2 cups arugula, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Celery and Parsley Salad
- calories 407
- fat 14 g
- satfat 4.1 g
- monofat 7.4 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 30.5 g
- carbohydrate 40.4 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- cholesterol 69 mg
- iron 4.2 mg
- sodium 656 mg
- calcium 63 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub steak evenly with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add steak to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak across grain into thin slices.
Cut bread in half lengthwise and crosswise. Hollow tops and bottoms of bread, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell. Place bread on a baking sheet, cut sides up. Broil 1 1/2 minutes or until toasted.
Place 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/2 cup arugula, parsley, and next 4 ingredients in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Spread parsley mixture evenly over cut sides of bread. Layer bottom halves of bread with remaining arugula, steak, and tomato; cover with top halves of bread. Cut sandwiches in half.