Principle 17: Herbs, garlic, and lemon juice combine with mayo for a sauce that makes the sandwich. Some other favorite secret-sauce ideas to mix with 1/4 cup canola mayo: 1 tablespoon pesto; 1 tablespoon Sriracha; 1 tablespoon grated onion and 1 teaspoon chopped capers; or 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, 1 teaspoon lime juice, and 1 minced garlic clove.
Cooking Light AUGUST 2012
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until boiling. Stir in onion. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
3. Combine mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients (through garlic).
4. Rub steak evenly with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place steak on grill rack; grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak across the grain into thin slices.
5. Cut baguette in half lengthwise. Hollow out top and bottom halves of bread, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell; reserve torn bread for another use. Place bread, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 1 minute or until toasted.
6. Drain onion mixture; discard liquid. Arrange steak evenly over bottom half of baguette; top evenly with onion and arugula. Spread mayonnaise mixture over cut side of top baguette half; place on sandwich. Cut into 4 pieces.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Go to full version of