Delicious! Very simple recipe -- great for a weeknight. The rub was really tasty. Didn't bother to make the homemade croutons. Keeping the steak medium rare helped enhance its juiciness.
Steak Salad with Creamy Ranch Dressing
Topped with homemade croutons and juicy slices of spice-rubbed steak, this salad is macho enough to satisfy the most dedicated meat-eaters.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 cups salad and about 3 ounces meat)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 334
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 29.2g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 733mg
- Calcium: 73mg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) boneless sirloin steak, trimmed (about 1/2 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1-ounce) slices sourdough bread
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 cup halved and sliced cucumber
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 (16-ounce) bag classic iceberg salad mix (such as Dole's)
- 1/2 cup fat-free ranch dressing
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Preheat broiler.
- To prepare steak, combine the first 5 ingredients; rub evenly over both sides of steak. Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Cook steak 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- While steak stands, prepare salad. Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Broil 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Rub cut sides of garlic halves over bread slices. Cut bread into (3/4-inch) cubes. Combine bread cubes, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and lettuce in a large bowl. Add dressing, tossing gently to coat. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates; top with steak.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This