Steak Salad With Bacon, Crispy Potatoes, and Blue Cheese Dressing
If you don’t have buttermilk, you can substitute 3 tablespoons plain yogurt thinned with 1 tablespoon milk. Recipe by Dawn Perry, August 2011. From the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/steak-salad-bacon-00100000062819.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 ounce(s) sliced bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 ounce(s) Yukon gold or fingerling potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 1 1/2 pound(s) sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- 3 ounce(s) blue cheese (such as Stilton or Roquefort), crumbled (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 head(s) romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- 2. Add the potatoes to the bacon drippings, season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper, and increase heat to medium-high. Cook, tossing occasionally, until browned and tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to the paper towel-lined plate.
- 3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a second large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- 4. In a small bowl, mix together the blue cheese, sour cream, buttermilk, vinegar, scallion, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Divide the lettuce among plates, top with the steak, bacon, and potatoes, and drizzle with the dressing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note