Easy weeknight dinner! Made a few adjustments but nothing drastic... Substituted flank steak for skirt steak, grape tomatoes for cherry, used half arugula and half romaine, and used full container (4 oz.) of blue cheese... all based on what I had on hand.. Came together quickly and was delicious! This will be a go to recipe for the summer.
Steak Salad with Tomato and Blue Cheese
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 419
- Calories from fat: 65%
- Protein: 29g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 9.8g
- Carbohydrate: 7.9g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sodium: 680mg
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound skirt steak, cut into 3 pieces
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Heat a grill to high (450° to 550°). Mix mustard, Worcestershire, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add steak, tossing to coat.
- 2. Grill steak, turning once halfway through, until done the way you like, 6 to 8 minutes for medium. Let rest, covered with foil, 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Put remaining ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently to combine. Divide salad among 4 plates and serve steak over salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note