- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 1 (20-oz.) package frozen sweet potato fries
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, cut into wedges
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 rib-eye steaks (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup bottled peppercorn Ranch dressing
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°. Cook beans in boiling salted water to cover 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
Place sweet potatoes and onion in a large aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle potato mixture with 1 Tbsp. oil, and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Toss to coat.
Bake at 425° for 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes and onions are tender and golden, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, rub steaks with garlic and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; cook steaks in pan 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes.
Toss together lettuce, tomatoes, almonds, and green beans. Thinly slice steak, and place on salad. Serve with potato mixture and dressing.