It was all good except the Mustard Vinaigrette - the recipe made way too much, I only put half in for the 3 cups of spinach, and it was still overpowering, so I recommend adding about 1/10 of the vinaigrette to the spinach, and then add more if it's not enough.
Steak and Potatoes with Mustard Vinaigrette
Photo: Frances Janisch
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Real Simple
Other: 40 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calcium: 96.02mg
- Calories: 687.98
- Calories from fat: 57%
- Carbohydrate: 32.49g
- Cholesterol: 90.59mg
- Fat: 44.03g
- Fiber: 3.81g
- Iron: 5.16mg
- Protein: 41.56mg
- Saturated fat: 8.88g
- Sodium: 977.22mg
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes (about 3), scrubbed and sliced into 1/8- inch-thick rounds
- 9 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-ounce sirloin steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the oil, 3/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and roast, stirring once, until the potatoes are golden, about 25 minutes. Meanwhile, season the steaks with 3/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the steaks to the desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board, cover with foil, and let stand for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, and the remaining salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, slowly add the remaining oil and the tarragon. Toss the spinach with the vinaigrette, slice the steaks, and serve the salad and meat alongside the potatoes.
Tip: You can make this recipe with almost any steak; strip, flank, and skirt work just fine. For optimal tenderness, slice the meat across the grain.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This