Steak and Potato Salad
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 330
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 851mg
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes (about 16)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 12 ounces skirt steak
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 cups watercress, coarse stems removed, packed
- 2 radishes, sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Put potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water by 2 inches. Stir in 1 tsp. salt. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, chives, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and garlic.
- 3. Preheat a grill to high. Pat steak dry and season with pepper and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt. Oil grill grates. Grill steak, turning once, about 6 minutes total for medium. Transfer steak to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil, and let rest 10 minutes. Slice steak against the grain.
- 4. Arrange watercress, radishes, potatoes and steak on 4 serving plates. Drizzle salads with dressing, crumble blue cheese on top and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note