Tasty and easy! Couldn't get my teenager to eat it (no spinach, nothing chewy like steak) but DH and I thought it was perfect. We grilled the steak on the Traeger grill. If I changed a thing, it would be to season the meat a bit more and maybe add a bit of heat. I did add some finely shredded Asiago cheese to the spinach before serving. We also had some roasted garlic couscous on the side.
Steak with Lemon-Herb Pesto and Spinach Salad
Celebrate the end of a busy week with 30-minute Steak with Lemon-Herb Pesto and Spinach Salad. Be sure to put some of the pesto aside for a later weeknight dinner. Its herbaceous flavor pairs well with beef, chicken, and fish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 301
- Fat: 18.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 25.6g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 524mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind
- 5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 5/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1. Combine parsley, cilantro, 2 tablespoons oil, lemon rind, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 4 garlic cloves in a mini food processor; process until finely chopped.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle steak with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add steak to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let steak stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice steak across the grain.
- 3. Mince remaining 1 garlic clove. Combine minced garlic, remaining 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice, Dijon mustard, remaining 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Add baby spinach and sliced red onion to bowl; toss gently to coat. Serve steak with salad and pesto.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine