- 1/2 pound day-old ciabatta bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped tomato (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped English cucumber
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut bottled roasted red bell peppers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 4 servings Garlic-Rubbed Flank Steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- calories 387
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 11.9 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- monofat 6.6 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 30.8 g
- carbohydrate 40.3 g
- fiber 3.5 g
- cholesterol 37 mg
- iron 4.3 mg
- sodium 890 mg
- calcium 63 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Arrange bread cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until toasted; cool.
Combine tomato and next 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a large bowl. Combine vinegar, oil, sugar, black pepper, and salt. Add vinegar mixture to tomato mixture; toss well. Cover and let stand 1 hour.
Add bread cubes, arugula, and Garlic-Rubbed Flank Steak to tomato mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.