Steak and "Oyster" Skewers
We've turned grilled steak with mushrooms and onions into a bite-size party nibble. Shiitake mushrooms work here too.
Yield: Serves 10
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 93
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Protein: 8g
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 2.5g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 175mg
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- 12 ounces New York strip steak, trimmed and cut into about 1-in. chunks
- 12 ounces oyster mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Soak about 20 short (2 to 3 in.) wooden skewers or toothpicks in water 20 minutes. Heat grill to high (450 to 550°). Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- 2. Thread a piece of steak, shallot, and a mushroom onto each skewer. Grill, turning often, until meat is medium rare, about 6 minutes.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers