This has a great flavor. I used extra fresh ground black pepper. I only had a Bud Light in the fridge, so I used that, but this will be phenomenal with Guiness!
Steak House-Style Marinade
Length of marinating time depends on the size and cut of the beef. This amount of marinade will flavor three (1 1/2-inch-thick) beef tenderloin fillets. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature to impart flavor, and then grill.
This recipe goes with Steak House-Marinated Sirloin Steak
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup dark beer
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1. Whisk together beer and remaining ingredients until blended. Use immediately, or cover and chill until ready to use. Store in airtight containers in refrigerator up to 3 days. If chilled, let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before using. Whisk before using.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used A.1. Steak Sauce.
- Steak House-Marinated Sirloin Steak: Pierce 1 (1-lb.) boneless sirloin steak several times with a fork. Place Steak House-Style Marinade in a shallow dish or large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add steak. Cover or seal; chill at least 4 hours or up to 6 hours, turning occasionally. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Pat steak dry, and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper. Grill steak, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat 4 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Makes 4 servings; Prep: 10 min., Chill: 4 hr., Grill: 8 min., Stand: 10 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note