- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 ounces uncooked whole-wheat penne pasta or macaroni
- 3 bacon slices
- 10 ounce mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (5-ounce) packages fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- calories 347
- fat 15.4 g
- satfat 6.4 g
- monofat 6.4 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 15.5 g
- carbohydrate 40.9 g
- fiber 6.6 g
- cholesterol 23 mg
- iron 3.6 mg
- sodium 553 mg
- calcium 160 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Coat 2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish with 1 teaspoon oil. Set aside.
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil; add salt and pasta. Cook for 6 minutes or until just barely tender. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl; reserve 1 cup cooking liquid.
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan; crumble bacon. Add mushrooms to drippings in pan; cook for 8 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add pepper, garlic, and spinach (in batches); cook 3 minutes or until spinach wilts, tossing occasionally.
Combine yogurt and cheese in a large bowl, stirring until almost smooth. Add pasta and mushroom mixture; toss to combine. Stir in 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid (or more if mixture looks dry). Spoon pasta mixture into prepared dish. Combine crumbled bacon, panko, and parsley. Drizzle with remaining 3 teaspoons oil; toss to combine. Sprinkle evenly over top of pasta. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.