Steak and Grilled Vegetable Panini
More From Southern Living BBQ on Tour
Charcoal Grill: 13 Minutes
Gas Grill: 8 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- Calories: 505
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 77mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 974mg
- Calcium: 145mg
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons light red wine vinaigrette, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper, divided
- 1 (1- to 1 1/4-lb.) BEEF Top Sirloin Steak (about 3/4-inch thick)
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh baby spinach
- 8 (5 1/2-inch-long, 1/4-inch-thick) ciabatta bread slices
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) freshly shredded fontina cheese
- 1. Preheat a charcoal grill to medium, ash-covered coals or a gas grill to 300° to 350° (medium) heat. Toss bell pepper, mushrooms, and onion with 1 Tbsp. vinaigrette, 1/4 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- 2. Grill steak and vegetables at the same time. Grill steak on a charcoal grill, without grill lid, 13 to 16 minutes, or on a gas grill, covered with grill lid, 8 to 13 minutes. Grill vegetables in a lightly greased grill basket, stirring occasionally, on a charcoal grill, without grill lid, 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, or on a gas grill, covered with grill lid, 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- 3. Remove steak and vegetables from grill. Sprinkle steak with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Let steak stand 5 minutes. Carve steak into thin strips.
- 4. Toss spinach with remaining 1 Tbsp. vinaigrette. Divide spinach among 4 bread slices. Top with cheese, steak, vegetables, and remaining bread slices. (Sandwiches will be very full.)
- 5. Cook sandwiches, in batches, in preheated panini press 2 to 3 minutes or until light golden brown and grill marks appear.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note