- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 bulb)
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- 8 teaspoons Homemade Mayonnaise
- 8 (1-ounce) slices ciabatta, lightly toasted
- 1 cup arugula
- calories 475
- fat 23.6 g
- satfat 4.2 g
- monofat 13.5 g
- polyfat 3.8 g
- protein 30.7 g
- carbohydrate 36.4 g
- fiber 3.4 g
- cholesterol 79 mg
- iron 4.2 mg
- sodium 794 mg
- calcium 70 mg
How to Make It
Combine ground fennel seeds, salt, ground cumin, and black pepper in a small bowl.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon spice mixture and fennel; sauté 15 minutes or until fennel is tender and lightly browned, stirring frequently. Transfer to a bowl; wipe pan clean with paper towels.
Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in pan; sprinkle steaks evenly with remaining spice mixture. Add steaks to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; let stand 10 minutes. Thinly slice steaks.
To prepare sandwiches, spread 2 teaspoons Homemade Mayonnaise onto each of 4 bread slices. Top each with one-fourth of beef, one-fourth of fennel, and 1/4 cup arugula. Top with remaining 4 bread slices.