Steak Fajitas with Sautéed Onions and Peppers
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 8 Hours
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds skirt steak or flank steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1/2
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1/2
- 1 large orange bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1/2
- 2 large onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 10 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- Toppings: Roasted Tomato Salsa, guacamole, sour cream
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish. Add steak, turning to coat with marinade. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Heat 3 tablespoon oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, onions, and oregano. Cook 12 minutes or until tender, stirring often. Add remaining minced garlic, and cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Stir in cilantro. Keep warm.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill steak, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Transfer steak to a cutting board, and let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin strips. Serve with tortillas, onions and peppers, and desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes