- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds skirt steak or flank steak
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1/2
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1/2
- 1 large orange bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 1/2
- 2 large onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 10 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- Toppings: Roasted Tomato Salsa, guacamole, sour cream
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish. Add steak, turning to coat with marinade. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Heat 3 tablespoon oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, onions, and oregano. Cook 12 minutes or until tender, stirring often. Add remaining minced garlic, and cook 2 minutes, stirring often. Stir in cilantro. Keep warm.
Warm tortillas according to package directions.
Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Grill steak, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Transfer steak to a cutting board, and let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin strips. Serve with tortillas, onions and peppers, and desired toppings.