- Freeze It:
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded (if desired) and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Kosher salt
- 4 1-quart resealable plastic freezer bags
- Cook It:
- 4 bags frozen fajita mixture
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- Store-bought refrigerated fresh salsa (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- calories 533
- caloriesfromfat 33 %
- protein 33 g
- carbohydrate 55 g
- sugars 4 g
- fiber 4 g
- fat 19 g
- satfat 6 g
- sodium 1085 mg
- cholesterol 40 mg
How to Make It
In a large bowl, combine the steak, onion, bell peppers, jalapeño, chili powder, hot sauce, and 3/4 teaspoon salt.
Divide evenly among 4 bags. Freeze until ready to cook, up to 3 months.
In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat the oil (use 1 teaspoon per serving).
Empty the frozen contents of the bags into the skillet (use 1 bag per serving). Cook, covered, stirring occasionally to break up ingredients, for 10 minutes.
Raise heat to medium-high and cook, uncovered, until the vegetables are tender and the steak is cooked through, 2 to 6 minutes.
Serve with the tortillas and the salsa and sour cream, if desired.