Steak Crostini with Avocado-Horseradish Mayonnaise
For an appetizer that tastes just as good as it looks, this steak crostini is a definite must-serve. The grilled flank steak pairs beautifully with the avocado and wasabi spread. Add a sprig of oregano on top and you’ll get a pop of color and a pretty presentation.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 79
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 216mg
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Calcium: 13mg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound flank steak
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, seeded
- 3/4 teaspoon wasabi ( Japanese horseradish)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- Cooking spray
- 12 (1/2-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French baguette, toasted
- Oregano sprigs (optional)
- Combine dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a small bowl; rub evenly over flank steak. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Combine avocado and next 3 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and mayonnaise; pulse until blended.
- Prepare grill.
- Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 8 to 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning occasionally. Remove steak from grill, and let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. 5. Place steak slices on toasted baguette pieces; top each with 2 teaspoons avocado spread. Reserve remaining spread for another use. Garnish with oregano sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This