Steak Crostini with Avocado-Horseradish Mayonnaise
For an appetizer that tastes just as good as it looks, this steak crostini is a definite must-serve. The grilled flank steak pairs beautifully with the avocado and wasabi spread. Add a sprig of oregano on top and you’ll get a pop of color and a pretty presentation.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 79
- Fat: 4.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 5.2g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 216mg
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Calcium: 13mg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound flank steak
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, seeded
- 3/4 teaspoon wasabi ( Japanese horseradish)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- Cooking spray
- 12 (1/2-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French baguette, toasted
- Oregano sprigs (optional)
- Combine dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a small bowl; rub evenly over flank steak. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Combine avocado and next 3 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and mayonnaise; pulse until blended.
- Prepare grill.
- Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 8 to 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, turning occasionally. Remove steak from grill, and let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. 5. Place steak slices on toasted baguette pieces; top each with 2 teaspoons avocado spread. Reserve remaining spread for another use. Garnish with oregano sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note