Just ok. CL has much better cheesesteak sandwich recipes than this one. I'll stick with those.
Steak and Cheese Sandwiches with Mushrooms
Serve baked potato chips and coleslaw with these stick-to-your-ribs sandwiches for a quick and casual supper.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 384
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 32.9g
- Carbohydrate: 44.9g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Sodium: 580mg
- Calcium: 231mg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups presliced onion
- 2 cups green bell pepper strips
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup presliced mushrooms
- 3/4 pound top round steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 (0.6-ounce) slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, cut in half
- 4 (2 1/2-ounce) hoagie rolls with sesame seeds
- 1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add mushrooms to pan; sauté 4 minutes. Sprinkle beef with salt and black pepper. Add beef to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Stir in Worcestershire sauce; cook 1 minute.
- 2. Place 1 cheese slice half on bottom half of each roll, and top each serving with one-fourth of beef mixture. Top with remaining cheese slice halves and tops of rolls.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This