- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 (1-pound) skirt steak, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 pound plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 5/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- calories 336
- fat 17.3 g
- satfat 4.3 g
- monofat 8.6 g
- polyfat 2.9 g
- protein 21.4 g
- carbohydrate 26 g
- fiber 3.6 g
- cholesterol 54 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 477 mg
- calcium 58 mg
How to Make It
Combine 1 tablespoon canola oil, lime juice, brown sugar, chile powder, and 1 minced garlic clove in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add steak; seal and toss to coat. Marinate at room temperature 30 minutes.
Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil over onion slices, tomatoes, and bell pepper. Arrange the vegetables in pan; cook for 4 minutes on each side or until charred and softened.
Combine tomato, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining garlic clove in a food processor or mini chopper; pulse until almost pureed. Place tomato mixture in a medium bowl. Coarsely chop onion and bell pepper; add to bowl. Stir in oregano and black pepper.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak mixture to pan; cook for 6 minutes or until done, stirring frequently. Stir in remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt.
Heat tortillas according to the package directions. Arrange about 1 1/2 ounces steak on each tortilla; top each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons salsa and 1 1/2 teaspoons sour cream.