WAY too 'vinegary'
Steak Balsamico With Mushrooms
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Rose Nguyen
More From Southern Living
- 4 (6-oz.) flat-iron steaks (about 1 1/4 inches thick)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1. Rub steaks with 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Cook steaks in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Transfer steaks to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- 2. Add garlic to skillet; sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add mushrooms and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper to skillet; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in vinegar; cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Spoon mushroom mixture over steaks, and serve immediately.
- Pork Balsamico With Mushrooms: Substitute 2 lb. pork tenderloin, cut in 1/2-inch-thick slices, for steaks. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes