How could something so simple be so delicious? Maybe a good crusty baguette fresh from the oven, the pesto mayo, the bite of the arugula and red onion? Whatever it is, this is a real winner. I was happy with about a 3 oz. slice of baguette, but my husband happily used the rest of the 8 oz baguette I bought. We also split the cup of arugula between us. Otherwise, the proportions were just fine. Served with roasted potatoes & turnips with steamed green beans on the side.
Steak Baguettes with Pesto Mayo
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 346
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 41.4g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 701mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- 1 (12-ounce) boneless beef sirloin steak (about 1 inch thick), trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated pesto sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) piece white or whole-grain baguette, split in half horizontally
- 1 cup packed baby arugula (about 1 ounce)
- 3 (1/8-inch-thick) red onion slices
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Add steak to pan, and cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove the steak from pan, and let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak across grain into thin slices.
- 2. Combine mayonnaise and pesto, stirring until well blended. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over cut sides of bread. Layer bottom half of bread with arugula, red onion, steak, and tomato; top with top half of bread. Cut sandwich diagonally into 4 equal pieces.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes