Steak Bagel Sandwiches
Photo: Tina Evans
Yield: 6 servings
- 2/3 cup beer
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 large onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 bagels, sliced and toasted
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag; add steak, turning to coat. Cover and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade. Place steak in a shallow baking pan.
- Broil 3 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 5 to 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Cut into thin slices; keep warm.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add onion, salt, and paprika; saute until tender.
- Arrange steak and onion on bagel bottoms. Cover with tops. Serve with horseradish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches