Make a meal on a skewer by grilling sirloin steak pieces with bell pepper, onion, and zucchini, then serving over salad greens.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds rib-eye steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium-size yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2- to 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 8 slices
- Mixed salad greens
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients, and, if desired, crushed red pepper. Remove and reserve 3/4 cup marinade. Pour remaining marinade into a shallow dish or large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add steak. Cover or seal, and chill 2 hours. Add onion and next 2 ingredients; toss to coat, cover or seal, and chill 20 minutes.
- Remove steak and vegetables from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread steak and vegetables, separately, onto 6 to 8 (12-inch) metal skewers.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 10 to 12 minutes or until done. Serve over mixed salad greens with reserved 3/4 cup marinade.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note