- 1 (1 1/2-pound) top sirloin steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 medium portobello mushroom caps, sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
How to Make It
Sprinkle steak evenly with salt and pepper.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Melt 1/2 teaspoon butter with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Add steak, and cook until well browned on one side, about 6 minutes. Turn steak, and cook 3 more minutes (rare), 4 minutes (medium-rare), or 5 minutes (medium). Remove steak from pan, and set aside.
Melt remaining 1/2 teaspoon butter with 1/2 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Sauté mushrooms and garlic 4 minutes. Stir in wine, broth, and balsamic vinegar, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and cook 4 to 5 minutes.
Toss together spinach, tomatoes, onion, and hot mixture in pan; divide evenly between 4 plates. Squeeze lemon, drizzling juice evenly over top.
Cut steak into 1/2-inch slices, and arrange over salads. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.