Starter Chicken Curry
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 - 1 cup(s) golden raisins
- 2/3 cup(s) uncooked rice
- 3 cup(s) chicken broth
- In a zip-top bag, combine the flour, curry powder, salt and pepper. Add the chicken pieces and shake to evenly coat. Heat the butter in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, turning once, until they are browned well. Add the onion, raisins and rice and stir to blend. Pour in the chicken broth. reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Serve with assorted Indian chutneys or condiments.
- Vary the flavor by trying different curry powders.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kruybalid and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note