Stars And Stripes Blueberry Cake
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and drained
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Maraschino cherries, quartered
- Fresh blueberries
- Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add shortening, milk, and 2 eggs; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer. Add remaining 2 eggs, beating well. Stir in vanilla, and fold in 2 cups blueberries.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting on top and sides of cake. Decorate cake with rows of cherries and blueberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings