We make this tasty dish year-round and substitute Roma tomatoes and frozen green beans when fresh are past their peak.
Southern Living MAY 2009
1. Cook beans in boiling salted water to cover 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
2. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
3. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Reduce heat to low; add shallot, and sauté 1 minute or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add wine, and cook 5 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup, stirring occasionally to loosen particles from bottom of skillet.
4. Stir in green beans, tomato, and green onions; cook 3 minutes. Add butter, salt, pepper, and shrimp; cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
5. Spoon shrimp mixture over Creamy Cheddar Cheese Grits; sprinkle with bacon, and serve immediately.
Go to Full Version of