Standard Bistro's Shrimp and Grits
We make this tasty dish year-round and substitute Roma tomatoes and frozen green beans when fresh are past their peak.
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size raw shrimp ( 31/40 count)
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon (about 3 slices)
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Creamy Cheddar Cheese Grits
- 1. Cook beans in boiling salted water to cover 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- 2. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- 3. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Reduce heat to low; add shallot, and sauté 1 minute or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add wine, and cook 5 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup, stirring occasionally to loosen particles from bottom of skillet.
- 4. Stir in green beans, tomato, and green onions; cook 3 minutes. Add butter, salt, pepper, and shrimp; cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- 5. Spoon shrimp mixture over Creamy Cheddar Cheese Grits; sprinkle with bacon, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note