- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size raw shrimp ( 31/40 count)
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon (about 3 slices)
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Creamy Cheddar Cheese Grits
How to Make It
Cook beans in boiling salted water to cover 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Reduce heat to low; add shallot, and sauté 1 minute or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add wine, and cook 5 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup, stirring occasionally to loosen particles from bottom of skillet.
Stir in green beans, tomato, and green onions; cook 3 minutes. Add butter, salt, pepper, and shrimp; cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
Spoon shrimp mixture over Creamy Cheddar Cheese Grits; sprinkle with bacon, and serve immediately.