Stacked Heirloom Tomato Salad with Ricotta Salata Cream
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 168
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 4.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 7.6g
- Carbohydrate: 26.7g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 339mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 6 (1-ounce) slices country peasant loaf bread
- Cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled ricotta salata cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) reduced-fat silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices (about 3 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Prepare grill or grill pan.
- Place bread on grill rack or grill pan coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from grill. Rub cut sides of halved garlic clove over one side of each bread slice. Set aside.
- Combine cheese, tofu, water, lemon juice, and minced garlic in a blender; process until smooth.
- Place one bread slice on each of 6 plates; divide tomato slices evenly among servings. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture on each serving; sprinkle evenly with basil and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches