- 6 (1-ounce) slices country peasant loaf bread
- Cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled ricotta salata cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) reduced-fat silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices (about 3 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- calories 168
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fat 4.9 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- monofat 1.8 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 7.6 g
- carbohydrate 26.7 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- cholesterol 10 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 339 mg
- calcium 49 mg
How to Make It
Prepare grill or grill pan.
Place bread on grill rack or grill pan coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from grill. Rub cut sides of halved garlic clove over one side of each bread slice. Set aside.
Combine cheese, tofu, water, lemon juice, and minced garlic in a blender; process until smooth.
Place one bread slice on each of 6 plates; divide tomato slices evenly among servings. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture on each serving; sprinkle evenly with basil and pepper.