St. Paddy's Potatoes with Green Sauce
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 140
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 24mg
- Cholesterol: 9.5mg
- 12 to 16 round red thin-skinned potatoes (2 1/2 in. wide; 2 to 2 1/2 lb. total)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup lightly packed rinsed and drained watercress sprigs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3/4 cup sour cream (or half sour cream and half plain yogurt)
- 1. Scrub potatoes and pierce each with a fork.
- 2. Set potatoes directly on the rack in a 325° oven and bake until soft when pressed, 1 to 1 1/4 hours (about 45 minutes in a convection oven).
- 3. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine lemon juice, parsley, watercress, tarragon, and sour cream. Whirl until mixture is smoothly puréed, scraping container sides as required.
- 4. Cut a slit across the top of each potato and pinch sides to pop open top. Set potatoes on a platter and spoon a little of the green sauce into each. Serve with remaining sauce and salt to add to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables