1. Lightly butter a 5- by 9-inch loaf pan. Line with cooking parchment.
2. In a bowl with a mixer, beat 1 cup butter with sugar until fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until well blended. Beat in molasses.
4. Mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves, and allspice. Add to egg mixture; beat just until blended.
5. Set aside 6 to 8 apricots, 10 to 12 pecan halves, and 1 pineapple ring.
6. Cut remaining pineapple into 3/4-inch pieces and add to batter along with the remaining apricots and pecans and the cranberries and cherries. Stir until well mixed.
7. Scrape batter into parchment-lined pan, pressing firmly to eliminate air pockets; spread top level.
8. Bake in a 275° oven until cake is firm in center when touched, about 3 hours. If it browns too rapidly, drape with foil.
9. Cool in pan on rack at least 2 1/2 hours. Lift out cake; peel off parchment.
10. Mix apricot jam with liqueur and brush over top of cake. Decoratively arrange reserved apricots, pecans, and pineapple in apricot glaze; brush more apricot jam mixture over fruit. Wrap airtight and chill at least 1 day.
Nutritional analysis per 3 ounces.