Sriracha-Hoisin Spare Ribs by WhiteonRiceCouple.com
Community Recipe from
- 2 package(s) Ribs
- -two 3 pound (1360g) racks St. Louis cut Spare Ribs
- -2 Tablespoons (30g) Kosher or Sea Salt
- -fresh cracked Black Pepper to taste
- -2 cups (480ml) Apple Juice
- hoisin-sriracha GLAZE
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Grape Seed Oil (or other clean tasting oil)
- 4 medium cloves Garlic, crushed or minced
- 2 Tablespoons finely grated Ginger (@ 3” knob)
- 2/3 cup (160ml) Hoisin
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Sriracha Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) Fish Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Apple Cider Vinegar
- ribs instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rinse ribs and pat dry. Cut each rack in half. Season ribs with salt and pepper.
- Make “boats” out of doubled up sheets of foil large enough to enclose each ribs section (*refer to photos in post for visual guide). Place ribs in each boat meaty side up and divide apple juice between the boats.
- Seal foil boats closed around the ribs, trapping the juice in with the ribs and being careful not to break the foil. Place on sheet pans.
- Bake in the oven for one hour. Remove from oven, carefully open the foil, and brush with glaze *recipe follows.
- Return to oven, leaving the foil open but with the sides standing up enough to keep the juices around the ribs. Bake for another 45 minutes. Glaze ribs again, then return to oven for another 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to broil and place oven rack 2 or 3 levels down from the top. Brush ribs with glaze again and broil for 2 minutes or until slightly singed.
- Slice ribs into sections and serve.
- GLAZE instructions
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook 1-2 minutes or until light golden.
- Add hoisin, sriracha, fish sauce, and apple cider vinegar and stir well. Cook for 5 minutes and then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lizzi23 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sriracha-Hoisin Spare Ribs by WhiteonRiceCouple.com Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes