Very good with a nice amount of spice... it's not too overwhelming. I was a little wary at first with the amount of sriracha going into this but it turned out great.
Sriracha-Glazed Chicken and Onions over Rice
Serve your family a spicy-sweet sriracha chicken-and-veggies dish that's sure to satisfy. Make this one-dish dinner with boil-in-a-bag rice on the side to soak up the extra sauce.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup chicken mixture and about 1/2 cup rice)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 326
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 29.5g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 338mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups presliced onion
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While rice cooks, combine hoisin, ketchup, and Sriracha in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add ginger and remaining ingredients; sauté 6 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in hoisin mixture; cook 1 minute, tossing to coat. Serve over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes