- 4 squirrels, dressed
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, quartered, and seeded
- 3 cups fresh lima beans
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of red pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- Cut each squirrel into 8 pieces. Brown squirrel in lard in a stock pot until lightly browned. Remove from stock pot; drain well on paper towels. Add onion to stock pot; sauté until tender. Add squirrel, tomatoes, lima beans, corn, water, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; stir well. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add a small amount of hot liquid to flour, stirring to make a paste. Add to stew in stock pot, stirring until blended. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour or until squirrel is tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews