succulent soft squid pound with papaya leaves, added with luau leaves and a braise of coconut milk. Boiled to perfection.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 20 ear(s) papaya leaves use to prep squid
- 10 head(s) squid in whole pound in bowl w/ salt
- 1 bag(s) hawaiin sea salt use 2 handfuls
- 1/2 cup(s) white vinegar add to pot
- 2 bag(s) luau leaf peel bkbone of stem
- 10 can(s) coconut milk open & pour in pot
- Luau Leaf- Debone backing of the stem from the middle of bone 'til bottom of stem
- Take the Papaya leaves and wash in water
- Rinse squid under fresh water
- shred 2 papaya leaves @ a time w/ 1 squid and pound in a bowl w/ hawaiian salt until squid legs start to curl, continue until all squid is finished, after done ,
- rinse all squid
- cut out the center ink and mouth base
- cut squid into bite size pieces
- put into boiling water luau pot with a handful of hawaiian sea salt, and
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- Let boil for 3-4 hours or until squid is entirely soft, Melt In Your Mouth Soft.
- Add Luau Leaf, Boil until soft.
- Stirring occasionally
- Add coconut milk, and let boil for another 1 1/2, until milk blends in well with luau and squid
- Take off stove and put into party pans,cover and put into conventional oven to keep warm
This recipe is a personal recipe added by iwalai and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note