Solid recipe. I liked that it was vegan. Like other reviewers, I will increase the spice next time. Wonderful in a whole-wheat wrap for lunch.
Winter Squash and Tofu Panang Curry
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour
- Calories: 341
- Fat: 14.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 12.9g
- Carbohydrate: 44.3g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 467mg
- Calcium: 182mg
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked brown jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (14-ounce) block extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 cups cubed peeled kabocha squash
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced shallots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Add cilantro; fluff rice mixture.
- 2. Place tofu on several layers of paper towels. Cover with additional paper towels. Let stand for 30 minutes, pressing down occasionally.
- 3. Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add tofu; sauté 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove tofu from pan; keep warm.
- 4. Return pan to medium heat. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add peanut butter, curry paste, cumin, and coriander; cook 15 seconds. Add coconut milk, soy sauce, and sugar, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Add squash, bell pepper, and shallots. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Gently stir in tofu, rind, and juice. Cook 1 minute. Sprinkle evenly with basil; serve over rice.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note