More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 43
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Protein: 5.4g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 3.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 253mg
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- 1/3 pound deveined shelled shrimp, rinsed and chopped
- 1 green onion, ends trimmed, chopped
- About 3 tablespoons Asian fish sauce (nuoc mam or nam pla)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound upo or zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- White pepper
- 1. In a food processor or with a knife, mince shrimp with onion. Mix with 2 tablespoons fish sauce and black pepper.
- 2. Put shrimp mixture in a 5- to 6-quart pan. Stir over high heat until shrimp mixture is pink and crumbly, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Then add 1 1/2 quarts of water to the shrimp mixture and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 4. Meanwhile, pare upo with a vegetable peeler (trim zucchini ends, but don't peel). Then cut squash into matchstick-size sticks.
- 5. Add squash to boiling shrimp broth. Cover and simmer gently until squash is tender to bite, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 6. Ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle with cilantro, and season to taste with more fish sauce and white pepper. Serve hot or cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews