This was a tremendous hit with everyone i made this for. I used half yellow squash and half zucchini and i added about 1/2 more cheddar than the recipe called for. There wasn't a chance of leftovers, as everyone got two or three servings!
Easy to prepare and rich in flavor, the casserole pairs fabulously with roasted chicken, ham, or pork chops. This simple dish has become a staff favorite, and we believe it will be right at home in your home, too.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 197
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 12.7g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 623mg
- Calcium: 209mg
- 8 cups sliced zucchini(about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain; partially mash with a potato masher.
- Combine zucchini mixture, rice, cheddar cheese, sour cream, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and eggs in a bowl; stir gently. Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Preheat broiler. Broil 1 minute or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note