I can see why others added chicken and made it a main course. Will do that next time.
Easy to prepare and rich in flavor, the casserole pairs fabulously with roasted chicken, ham, or pork chops. This simple dish has become a staff favorite, and we believe it will be right at home in your home, too.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 197
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 12.7g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 623mg
- Calcium: 209mg
- 8 cups sliced zucchini(about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain; partially mash with a potato masher.
- Combine zucchini mixture, rice, cheddar cheese, sour cream, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and eggs in a bowl; stir gently. Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Preheat broiler. Broil 1 minute or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note