Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 large squash finely chopped
- 4 medium onions finely chopped
- 4 bell peppers finely chopped
- 3 hot peppers finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) sugar
- 2 cup(s) vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) celery seed
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- chop squash (either grated or use food processor), onions, bell peppers, and hot peppers. Add salt and cover with ice, let it set for 1 hour. Squeeze out all juice
- Mix the sugar, vinegar, celery seed, and turmeric. Bring it to boil for one minute. Then add squash mixture and simmer for 3 minutes. Pack in hot, sterile jars and seal.
- Boil in hot water bath for 5 minutes
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jsimpson78 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Squash Relish Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments