- 3 quarts water
- 2/3 cup salt
- 2 quarts chopped yellow squash
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped, seeded green pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) jar sliced pimientos, drained
- Combine water and salt in a large glass, ceramic, or stainless steel container. Add squash and soak 1 hour. Drain squash, and rinse well.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, and celery and mustard seeds in a stainless steel stockpot; stir well. Bring to a boil. Add squash and remaining ingredients. Return to a rolling boil; reduce heat, and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Quickly ladle relish into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2-inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Cover with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process relish in boiling water-bath 15 minutes. Serve with meats and vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments