Squash and Molasses Pie
Yield: Serves: 10 (serving size: 1/10 of pie)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 223mg
- Calcium: 75mg
- 1 1 1/2-lb. squash (such as butternut, pumpkin or acorn), peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust, homemade or store-bought
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Place squash in a steamer basket over 1 inch of boiling salted water in a large pan for 12 to 15 minutes, until tender. Puree in a food processor until smooth. Measure 1 1/2 cups puree for pie; cover and refrigerate any remainder for another use.
- 2. Prepare pie crust; press into 9-inch pie dish.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place pie dish on baking sheet.
- 4. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, molasses, sugar, milk, cinnamon, cloves, salt and pepper until smooth. Whisk in squash puree until combined. Pour filling evenly into pie crust.
- 5. Bake pie until filling is set and slightly puffed in the center, 45 to 55 minutes. Let pie cool completely on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note