A great main dish for a vegetarian option.
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Buffy Hargett
Squash Frittata makes a stunning presentation when plated. Fresh summer flavor abounds in every bite.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 pound fingerling potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnishes: chopped fresh chives, flat-leaf parsley, and basil; freshly ground pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together eggs, cream, and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- 2. Cook potatoes in hot oil in a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 1 minute. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes or until light golden brown on both sides. Transfer potatoes to a bowl.
- 3. Return skillet to heat; melt 1 tsp. butter in skillet. Add zucchini; cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add remaining 2 tsp. butter to skillet; let melt. Add potatoes, stirring to coat.
- 4. Pour egg mixture over potatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 1 minute. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 8 to 9 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven; invert onto a serving plate.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note