- 5 medium-size yellow squash, sliced (1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (6-ounce) package Mexican-style cornbread mix
- 1 (8 1/4-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup chunky picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
Boil sliced squash and chopped onion in water to cover in a Dutch oven 30 minutes or until squash is tender; drain and lightly mash squash with a fork. Add beaten egg and remaining ingredients; stir until mixture is blended.
Spoon dressing into a lightly greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until set.